TEACHER GUARDIAN SCHEME
PCET has introduced this scheme to have one to one interaction with students. For a batch of students, a teacher is assigned the role of Teacher-Guardian. Teacher Guardian works as a friend, philosopher and guide for these students. He keeps the track of every student’s day-to-day activities and records daily attendance, test results, internal assessment, prelim examination results and other related information of students in the specially designed teacher guardian book. He encourages the students to participate in co -curricular & extracurricular activities He gives academic feedback to the parents/guardians regularly. He also counsels the students to solve difficulties encountered not only in college campus but in their personal lives too. Teacher guardian acts as a mentor to students and offers them emotional and academic support along with motivation.
The teachers of the institution take up the responsibility of safeguarding and nurturing the newly admitted students. The teachers act as a buffer for the first year students and help them to get acclimatized to PCET’s environment. This scheme, which is perhaps the only one of its kind, guarantees additional assurance to the new comers and takes some burden off the parents and lessens their anxiety. The students are free to contact the counseling service with a wide range of worries, including personal, home and family relationships, depression, anxiety and loneliness.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME ARE
• To acclimatize the new students to the campus life in PCET
• To provide academic counseling
• To enlighten the students on professional ethics and conduct
• To ease the trauma of transfer to a new place
• To communicate with the ward’s parents
• Providing emotional support to students on individual basis.
• Helping students overcome home sickness.
• Establishing rapport between teachers, student & parents.
• Monitoring attendance and behavioral aspects of every student.
• Identifying weak areas and working out remedies helping students thereby taking their complete care.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SCHEME
• One teacher is nominated as ‘Teacher Guardian’ for fifteen students.
• Teacher Guardian maintains all records of students in formats provided.
• Teacher Guardian does all the follow up regarding attendance of students under his supervision.
• Teacher guardian monitors academic performance of students.
• If student remains absent for continuous three lectures, then teacher guardian sends note to all concerned teachers to stop the practical of that student.
• Teacher guardian sends letters regarding performance and attendance to parents every month.
• Poor performance of students is improved by way of counseling.
• If required teacher guardian calls the parents on phone on the basis of weekly monitoring.
• Teacher guardian does counseling about studies.
• Teacher guardian tries to solve the domestic problems of students.
• In consultation with HOD, teacher guardian gives the necessary punishment to student for improvement.