College Discipline & Rules
The College is a community in which a large number of people live together. It is therefore essential that all members have due regard for the rights of others. The Incharge Principal/ Faculty (Student Activities) looks after the disciplinary matters and problems arising from a breach of the College rules. The College rules are intended to help preserve a happy and harmonious atmosphere for all those living and working in the College.
The students should fulfill the minimum required attendance for every program both theory and practical. Students failing to meet this prerequisite will not be eligible for certification at the end of the program.
As per the Ordinance No. 6 of Nagpur University Prosecution of a regular course of study means attendance not less than 75% of the lectures delivered in each subject of the course of instruction for the examination and in practical work whatever prescribed. In case of any genuine reason, the student or his / her guardian must inform the concerned authorities in writing, the reason of absence in advance.
Ragging in any form is strictly forbidden by law. The students should not be found involved in ragging. Maharashtra prohibition on Ragging Act 1999 has the following provision for action against Ragging. Ragging within or outside any educational institution is prohibited. Whosoever, directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and/or penalty which may extend to ten thousand rupees. Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
To regulate discipline and uphold decorum, a prescribed dress code is to be observed by students, which requires that they be formally dressed while on campus. The student should compulsorily wear apron before entering the laboratories. No eatables are allowed inside the labs. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the area.
The books are systematically arranged according to titles and subjects. The students are expected to follow the same during reference work. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited.
Students are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that befits the image and standing of the institution.
ADHERENCE TO TIME SCHEDULE
The student should reach college in time and attend the lecture as per the time table given to them. The student should complete all the term work such as journals, drawing sheets, workshop jobs or any other assignment as per scheduled. The students and parents should specially note that if the students fail to complete the term work regularly and to the entire satisfaction of the Head of the institute, he/she will not be allowed to appear in the University examination.
CONDUCT IN THE PREMISES
The student should note that he/she is answerable to the authorities of the institute not only for his/her conduct in the premises of the institute but also for his/her overall behavior outside the campus. It is an extremely serious offence to endanger the safety of other members of the College by tampering with fire-fighting equipment or the alarm system.
The student should help in maintaining the buildings and the campus of the institute clean and tidy and maintain overall ambience.
PARKING OF VEHICLE
Students should park their vehicles only in the specified area.
INVOLVEMENT IN ANTI SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
Students should not participate in any political and antisocial activities. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against such students.
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT
- Student must abide by the rules and regulations framed by the institute from time to time.
- The student is expected to read the notices put up on the notice board of the college regularly. The college is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to the student due to his failure to read the notices from time to time.
- Any change in the residential address of the student must be communicated to the office immediately.
- Student should carry their identity card while in the college.
- Specific sets of regulations covering particular areas of the College may be posted from time to time by the Dean, after being approved by the College Management Committee, and must be respected.
- Students must inform the College Office of their term-time and permanent addresses and any changes thereof.
- Playing games in the environs of the College is prohibited.
- For misbehavior of any nature, the student will be liable to severe punishment up to rustication.